Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oh No, Not Again

I played my first game of Warmachine in 3 years yesterday. It was kind of refreshing.  Hard to tell if the MK 2 is that much of an improvement from one game, but is does seam better.  I played a 35 point game against legion.  I was running Haley, the T-Head, a Defender, a Lancer, and a full unit of long gunners with attachment.  It seams that Cygnar still plays the same, but they do still feel bland next to the tricks the legion player got to pull off. Most of my stuff was prime units anyway, and they have always been lighter on special rules.

I'm still kind of sour on Privateer as a company.  They are more like GW that their fans would like to admit. I'll probably get the rule book and the new cards, but i'm not going to buy any knew models.  Even with quitting the game three years ago, I still have 80% of the Cygnar model available.  I also have enough legion models that I shouldn't have to buy any of those either.

Speaking of new rule books and cards.  Privateer really took me to the cleaners on books from the last edition that are now worthless.  Prime, Escalation, Apotheosis, Superiority, Prime++, Hordes, Evolution, Pirates Book, and Mk1 Faction deck.  Not counting the books and decks I need to play MKII; that's close to what I've spent on 40k rules over the last 10 years,and a third of my 40k books are still usable. There are even 2 MK 1 books I didn't even buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment